Sunday, 31 May 2009

the end...


"how am I supposed to live without you???!"

the end of an ERA.
and the end of my buzz of my AMAZING day... (Thanks Mr. Ray Ban Winkle)
I had, the most, amazing day.
A Symposium on Bowen. [OMG, life affirming, debt affirming, thank God]
Course colleagues and friends,
laughter, intelligence, free coffee, more coffee, and cookies.
Led the whole group up to the secret bar
because I was also the (fastest) one nearest
the door to the left and so most likely to trek
(if going to the bar) to lead to the IDS bar...
trah la la lah.
etc, etc, end up in Trafalger Street at my new fav bar who serves Makers Mark........
see an old/new friend who used to live in OKC then Austin and end of leaving for another bar,
end up at gig of this amazing 20-30s swing overall's wearing sexy swing band.....
THEN---
lost my Ray Ban's.
Brilliant Fancy Dancer!!!
end of happiness, literally. once I realized it, the breath was taken out of me---
kind of like that horrific PC game (you remember it)
where you are forced to prepare for the trials of the wagon trail.
and what / who you will lose along the way.... (come on, what was it???!)
well, I was not prepared for this loss. 1 year, 3-4 months of these gals and me, trials, journeys
..... what does that say is what I'm wondering. ? 'lost without my glasses, my 'non-seeing' 'i am sighted' spectacles, my 'piece' of the bright world. . .'
damn. I most loved the cracks in the right lens, and how they lovingly hugged my nose and ears (even though I think maybe my left ear is a hair lower than my right) SHIT.




















No comments: